“The Patient’s Voice”
The purpose of the Brook Square PPG is to ensure that patients are involved in decisions about the range and quality of services provided at the practice.
What is a Patient Participation Group?
Patients working with a practice to:
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of services
- Foster improved communication between the practice and its patients
- Help patients to take more responsibility for their health
- Provide practical support and help to implement change
What Does the Group do?
The Group meets to discuss how we can improve the services provided by the Practice.
Our PPG has the opportunity to attend face-to-face meetings plus an internet ‘virtual’ group – whereby we contact interested patients via email to seek their views on our services and facilities. Brook Square PPG will involve patients through an online local practice survey – including areas such as:
- Accessibility to the primary medical services provided at the practice
- Patient experience of services provided by health professionals at the practice
- Comments relating to the surgery premises
- Review of the National practice Survey outcomes
The results of the local practice survey will be reported back to Brook Square PPG for comment and any suggestions to changes with a view to continually improving our services and facilities at the practice.
We aim to gather around a hundred patients from as broad a spectrum as possible to get a truly representative sample. We need young people, workers, retirees, people with long term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
What the Group Cannot Do
We cannot handle complaints. Also we do not have access to confidential patient information.
How Can You Help?
We need your ideas about what we can do to help you and how the Group should move forward.
If you are interested we want to hear from you – please either sign up online (please see next page) – or provide your email address to a member of the reception Team.
Your email address details will only be used for this purpose and will be kept safely.
Download our PPG Leaflet for more information. PPG leaflet
Further information about patient participation groups can be found:
- National Association of Patient Participation (NAPP)
- Brook Square Surgery Website
- Care Quality Commission
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.