We are looking to appoint a COVID-19 vaccinator to a zero hour contract
As a Covid-19 vaccinator you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team in providing a caring, quality service to patients during the mass delivery of the Covid-19 vaccine. You will be responsible for administering the vaccine to the patient population as per the mass vaccination delivery model.
You will be a registered Nurse, Registered Paramedic, Physiotherapist, Pharmacist, Dentist or other registered healthcare professional with suitable equivalent, proven experience.
You must work at all times within your own competence and use your own judgement, knowledge and common sense in your day to day activities.
- Assess the patient’s readiness for vaccination within your scope.
- Address any concerns the patient may have and ensure that clinical assessment has taken place prior to vaccination.
- Communicate routine, complex and sensitive information to patients and/or their relatives and colleagues.
- Dilution and drawing up of the vaccine from multi-dose vials within your scope.
- Administration of the vaccines to patients whom have consented and been assessed, ensuring it is conducted in line with the patients current condition i.e. standing or seated.
- Ensure correct use of equipment, e.g. syringes and needles.
- Ensure that vaccine batch numbers are appropriately recorded in the patient record.
- Adhere to the businesses clinical waste and sharps protocols when disposing of syringes and sharps.
- Adhere to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines.
- Follow in house, local and national Infection Control guidelines.
- Responsible for safe use of equipment and resources, ensuring equipment is maintained and suitable for use.
- Assist with the monitoring of vaccine and other related stock.
- Undertake mandatory training and other training relevant to the role.
- Participate in clinical audits within your scope.
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of health and safety and security at mass vaccination sites.
- Work with the team to ensure high standards of cleanliness of work stations.
- Work with the Management team to coordinate workload and service needs.
- Undertake additional tasks as required within your general role as Covid-19 vaccinator.
Please send completed application forms to, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to arrange an informal chat, or would like any further information please contact Stephanie Dalton, Clinical Manager on 01723 360098