The Care Quality Commission's job is to check whether hospitals, care homes, GPs, dentists and services in your home are meeting national standards
They do this by inspecting services and publishing their findings, helping people to make choices about the care they receive.
Brook Square Surgery registered with the Care Quality Commission on the 1st April 2013 to provide the following services:
•Diagnostic and screening procedures
•Family planning services
•Maternity and midwifery services
•Services for everyone
•Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
Brook Square Surgery was inspected by CQC on the 12th of November 2014 and the Practice was rated as ‘good’ with outstanding qualities. CQC found the following points:
- Patients said staff listened, were helpful, supportive and caring. They said staff treated them with dignity and respect. The inspectors saw that staff treated patients with kindness and respect, and maintained confidentiality.
- The Practice had effective mechanisms in place for monitoring the needs of patients and mechanisms for encouraging patients to attend routine reviews, for example annual health checks and cervical smears.
- Staff understood and fulfilled their responsibilities to raise concerns and to report incidents and near misses. Lessons were learned and communicated widely to support improvement.
- Information about safety was recorded, monitored, appropriately received and addressed.
- Staff told us there were usually enough staff to maintain the smooth running of the practice and there were always enough staff on duty to keep patients safe.